Previous Page Breadcrumbs
20 minute Tiger Moth Flight and IWM Duxford EntryCode: PTIG2D 9 month validity Cambridgeshire - Duxford IWM 1 person
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
20 minute Tiger Moth Flight and IWM Duxford Entry
Add to Basket
Take a 20 minute flight in a vintage open cockpit aircraft at a former RAF fighter airfield. Steeped in history, this location in Duxford saw plenty of action during the Battle of Britain. It is now home to Europe’s premier aviation museum where you can discover an outstanding collection of over 150 historic aircraft from Biplanes and Spitfires to Concords, with free entry.
Most Tiger Moths in Britain are privately owned so revel in the rare chance of a flight in one of these fabulous planes. Throw in a leather flying jacket, goggles and a helmet and you are ready for a ride of pure nostalgia. High above the bustle of modern life it will be easy to imagine you’ve time travelled back to the 1930's. To add to this amazing experience you will be given the chance to try flying the vintage beauty yourself.
- Welcome and pre-flight briefing
- A 20 minute flight
- The opportunity to take the controls
- Entry to the Imperial War Museum
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day?
Upon arrival at the famous Duxford airfield you will be greeted by your pilot and receive a short briefing. Put on your vintage flying gear and head over to the airfield… it’s time to climb aboard your aircraft. Your pilot will fly you up to the skies and demonstrate a few manoeuvres whilst you enjoy the scenery below. This is not just a scenic tour, as if you are feeling brave enough you will have the opportunity to take the controls, before the two of you head back to firm ground. You will then have time to enjoy the museum at your leisure.
Your voucher is valid for 9 months from the date of issue
- Minimum age: 16
- Maximum height: 6ft 4in
- Maximum weight: 18 stone
- You must not fly if you are suffering from any serious medical conditions (inc. epilepsy, fits, severe head injury, high blood pressure or heart conditions), or have recently undergone surgery, unless you have a certificate to fly from your doctor. You must not fly if you are pregnant or under the influence of drugs or alcohol. You must be physically able to climb in and out of the aircraft
- Spectators are welcome, though their view may be limited to take off and landing. They may also enter the museum with you, which can be purchased at half price
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
Flights operate March to October and we recommend you book at least four weeks in advance. All bookings are subject to availability.
We ask that participants arrive 45 minutes prior to their flight time, your flight will last 20 minutes but you can spend as much time as you wish at the museum.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
Cambridgeshire - Duxford IWM
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.