Strap in and hold on tight as you take the wheel in this exhilarating 4x4 Off-Road Taster. You’ll put your driving skills to the test with a qualified instructor by your side, as you navigate your way over side slopes, steep climbs and sharp descents.
Learn how to observe, plan and manoeuvre, as you try your hand at techniques used by the experts to handle a 4x4 vehicle over rough terrain. Then sit back and enjoy the ride while somebody else takes the wheel in this challenging experience for qualified drivers of all levels.
- Introduction to 4x4 driving and handling techniques as part of a small group (the Kent location will be a 1:1 experience)
- Experience training from a qualified instructor and hands-on driving
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
What happens on the day?
On arrival, you will be met by your qualified instructor and given a full safety briefing and introduction to the vehicles. Then it’s time to take your seat in one of the centre’s 4x4 vehicles together with a small group of fellow participants.
You will take it in turns to ride as passenger, each having the opportunity to take the wheel with your instructor by your side, as you learn how to navigate your way through the off-road course. The number in your group may vary depending on location
- Minimum age: 17
- Minimum height : 5ft
- Maximum height : 6ft 4in
- Maximum weight : 17 stone
- You should be in reasonable health
- You must hold a full, valid UK or European driving licence and must be able to drive manual transmissions. This must be presented on the day and photocopies will not be accepted
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
- The centres contracted with us hold public indemnity liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover.
Some driving operators require customers to complete an Indemnity/Damage waiver form on the day of the experience. This may state that the driver will be liable for a fixed amount of costs should they damage the vehicle whilst driving. Most of these suppliers are able to provide Indemnity/Damage Waiver at a small additional fee (usually £20-£45) payable on site. The purchase of this is optional and is in addition to the Public Liability Insurance held by all venues. The full details of any indemnity or damage waiver will be provided by the activity operator. We are unable to advise or comment on the content or suitability of these products.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher
The experience is available on selected weekends subject to availability. Selected weekdays may also be available at Canterbury in Kent.
It is recommended that you book a date at least six to eight weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow approximately 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes for the whole experience.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.