Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Add to Basket
Gain a deeper understanding of both your camera and the dark skies, with this fantastic Astrophotography Workshop within the rural surroundings of County Durham.
Your instructor is both an experienced astronomer and an expert in photographing the night sky. You’ll learn how to set up and operate your camera in the dark, before getting down to identifying and capturing features of the night sky.
Your instructor will show you how to take photographs in manual mode, allowing you greater creative control of your camera. With lots of one-to-one support, there’ll be plenty of time to snap some exquisite shots and appreciate the surrounding beauty at the same time.
- Astrophotography workshop
- Learn how to photograph the dark skies with your camera
- Rural Durham location
- Experienced astronomer as your instructor
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
What happens on the day?
You’ll need to bring your camera, along with a tripod and a torch. On arrival at your meeting point, you’ll be welcomed by your instructor, before heading to the workshop location with the rest of the class. You’ll learn how to set up and operate your camera in the dark, before covering some basic astronomy for photographers.
Once everything’s up and running, you’ll get one-to-one support throughout your experience, and you’ll have time to snap plenty of shots. You’ll also learn how to edit and print your images to bring out the best in them.
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right.
- Minimum age: 8 (under 18s must be accompanied by a full paying adult)
- You will need a camera that can have shutter speed, aperture, ISO and focus manually set ie DSLR or mirrorless
- You will need to bring a tripod and torch
- Some sites are wheelchair accessible - please ask at the time of booking
- There will be uneven ground and a short walk from the car park
- Toilets may not be available at the site
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
The experience is available on selected nights (Tuesday, Thursday or Sunday) and times nights October to April.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow 1 hour 30 minutes for the full experience
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.