Go behind the scenes of the BAFTA-award winning Angels Costumes. Discover the incredible 175-year history of the world’s foremost provider of costumes to the entertainment industry, having supplied costumes to West End productions, the world-famous Madame Tussauds and a host of TV shows and film productions.
Based in North London, Angels now offers the curious the chance to explore their warehouse, chock full of iconic costumes from the world of entertainment – a dream for any fashion or film fan. You’ll follow your guide around the site through each department and onto the processes that help take costumes from ideas to reality.
Literally thousands of costumes await. You’ll hear first-hand accounts of working on amazing productions that include: Harry Potter, The Crown, Downton Abbey, Wicked and Game of Thrones. You’ll also see clothes made for A-listers like Johnny Depp, Judi Dench and Cate Blanchett. Who knows? There might even be a celeb having a costume fitting on the day!
- Behind the Seams tour of Angels Costumes for Two
- See costumes made famous in the West End and Hollywood
- Hear first-hand accounts of production on the likes of Harry Potter and Game of Thrones
- Tour all the departments from tailoring to the badge room
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
We’re working with our experience partners to ensure we’re adhering to government advice as it updates. Please check with the supplier at time of booking for their individual recommendations.
What happens on the day?
On arrival you’ll meet your guide before setting out on your 2 hour tour. There are over 8 miles worth of rails and over 1 million items to behold.
You’ll tour all the departments, including: Tailoring, Ladies Making, Alterations, Uniform, the Badge Room, Armoury and the Warehouse.
- Minimum age: 14 (under 18 must be accompanied by an adult)
- Wheelchair users are welcome. Please let them know in advance if you or a member of your group is a wheelchair user
- For the Angels Costume Tour, taking photographs for personal use is permitted. However, filming video footage of any kind is not permitted
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
Your voucher is valid for 12 months.
The tour runs on selected weekdays at 10.30 and 14.00 throughout the year.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow 2 hours for the full experience
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
Please ensure you are familiar with the terms and conditions of the experience.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.