Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Big Cat Ranger for a Day - Weekends
Add to Basket
Spend a day in the company of some of the planet’s most endangered and iconic felines. In this incredible animal encounter, you’ll shadow an experienced and dedicated big cat keeper for an insight into what life is like at The Big Cat Sanctuary in Kent. You’ll learn fascinating things about lions, tigers, leopards, Snow Leopards and jaguars during your visit, as well as what BCS are doing to preserve their futures.
You could be mucking out the African lion’s enclosures, assisting with feeding or helping with an enrichment feature: no matter what, you’ll experience things you never thought possible. Not only will you get up close and personal with the cats, you’ll also get to hand-feed one! Bring your camera, as there’ll be plenty that you’ll want to share with friends. There will also be a buffet lunch to keep you energised during your exciting day.
- Guided tour of the site
- Hands-on keeper activities
- Buffet lunch
- Tea, coffee and soft drinks
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right.
What happens on the day?
On arrival at The Big Cat Sanctuary in Kent, you’ll be greeted by your keeper for the day and invited to help yourself to the refreshments. You’ll then receive a health and safety briefing before you head off around the park for a guided tour.From here you will be able to shadow one of the passionate and dedicated park keepers, helping out with daily tasks and getting close to the big cats. Refreshments will be available throughout the day and you’ll receive a tasty buffet lunch as part of this experience.
- Minimum age: 18
- The total distance of the site is approximately 800 metres and there is a lot of walking involved so you must be able-bodied and reasonably fit
- There may also be some bending and lifting involved, please advise the staff on the day of the experience if you are unable to take part in these activities. If you are unsure, please check with your doctor before booking
- Ladies in the early stages of pregnancy are asked to consult their doctor or midwife before booking
- Disabled participants are welcome; the site is accessible to all except in very wet weather when the grass surface may not be suitable for wheelchair users
- Additional participants aged 18 plus can be included for a fee of £200
- Spectators aged 18 plus are welcome at a charge of £100, which includes accompanying the voucher holder, lunch and the opportunity to take photographs. Please confirm this at the time of booking
- Only one guest/participant can be added per voucher holder.
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
This experience is available on weekends throughout the year. Exclusions may apply.
We recommend you book at least four to six weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow approximately 6 hours for the whole experience.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
Please ensure you are familiar with the terms and conditions of the experience.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
Kent - Ashford
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.