Speed combines with a healthy dose of old-school flair as you get behind the wheel of a classic speedster for three exhilarating miles of the track.
You’ll get to drive your choice from five classic cars, taking it for a three lap, three-mile ride with an expert instructor by your side. Will you choose a classic Mini Cooper S MK3, a luxurious Austin Healey 3000, a mighty Ford Mustang, the beautiful Jaguar E-Type, or an Aston Martin Vantage?
Just when you thought things were slowing down, you’ll switch to the passenger side for an electrifying ride in a modern performance car, driven by your instructor. Whichever car you go for you’re sure of a thrill, and after driving a piece of motoring history it’s only right that you get to take home a commemorative certificate too.
- On arrival, registration and signing on
- Free welcome tea or coffee for the driver
- Classroom style briefing by the Event Manager to cover safety, driving standards and the format of the experience
- Three-mile drive session
- High speed passenger ride with an instructor driving a modern performance car
- Commemorative certificate on completion
- Photographs and in-car video available for purchase
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
What happens on the day?
On arrival at the Heyford Park airfield you’ll swing by the check-in desk for registration before grabbing a cup of tea or coffee and taking part in a short safety briefing to give you a taste for how the day will go. You’ll be taken for a run of the course as part of a group so you know where the twists and turns are, before eventually jumping in your chosen classic motor for a three mile, three lap run of the track.
Then you’ll take to the passenger seat of a modern performance vehicle for a flying lap with your instructor.
At the end of your experience you’ll be presented with a commemorative certificate.
- Minimum age: 17 (under 18s need parental/guardian consent)
- Minimum height: 5ft
- Maximum height: 6ft 6in
- Maximum weight: 18 stone
- Fitness/Health: You should be in reasonable health and able to climb in and out of the car. This experience is not suitable for those with epilepsy, heart complaints or pregnant ladies. Please note: anyone deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted to participate
- You must hold a full, manual driving licence. You must present your licence on the day of your experience; photocopies will not be accepted
- All drivers must have a good understanding of the English language for instruction purposes
- Family, friends and children are welcome to spectate. Viewing is available for spectators
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
- The centres contracted with us hold public indemnity liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover.
Some driving operators require customers to complete an Indemnity/Damage waiver form on the day of the experience. This may state that the driver will be liable for a fixed amount of costs should they damage the vehicle whilst driving. Most of these suppliers are able to provide Indemnity/Damage Waiver at a small additional fee (usually £20-£45) payable on site. The purchase of this is optional and is in addition to the Public Liability Insurance held by all venues. The full details of any indemnity or damage waiver will be provided by the activity operator. We are unable to advise or comment on the content or suitability of these products.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher
This experience is available on selected Fridays and Saturdays from February to December.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available.
Expect to be at the venue for between 2 and 3 hours depending on the number of cars you are driving.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.