Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Deluxe Chef's Experience at Michelin Starred Restaurant L'OrtolanCode: PCHEFD 9 month validity Berkshire - Reading 1 person
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Deluxe Chef's Experience at Michelin Starred Restaurant L'Ortolan
Add to Basket
Join the talent behind the scenes at Michelin-star L’Ortolan for a chance to get in on the award-winning culinary action.
In the heart of the kitchen in this stunning listed building, you’ll be getting hands-on as you help to prep for the lunch service. Reward your hard work with a light lunch brimming with fresh, seasonal ingredients, before continuing for dinner preparation and service. You’ll experience first-hand what it’s like to be involved in the pace of a fine dining establishment, and you’ll even help the chefs present the food to Michelin-star quality, all with the guidance of Head Chef Tom Clarke and his team.
When it suits you, you can return to L’Ortolan at a later date to experience fine dining from outside the kitchen, with a Tasting Menu and wine. You’ll also be given an exclusive Champagne gift, the perfect finish to an unforgettable experience.
- Arrival and briefing with the Michelin Chefs and staff
- Preparation for the lunch service with hands on experience
- A light lunch with Head Chef tom Clarke and his team
- The opportunity to help with dinner preparation
- A return visit to experience the Tasting Menu and Wine package with ten courses and eight wines
- Collection and return in a chauffeur driven car (this is for the meal booked with your voucher). This is collection from your home at the start of the meal and returning you to your home at the end of the meal, please note it is limited to collection no more then 25 miles by road from the restaurant - if you live further away there would be a surcharge please call the restaurant to find out what that will be
- An exclusive champagne gift
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day?
Upon arrival at the L’Ortolan restaurant, voted 20th in the Sunday Times Top 100 Food List, you will be met by the friendly staff and chefs and shown around the kitchen.
Whilst the lunch service is being prepared you will be working in various sections with a qualified, professional chef. It will soon be your turn to enjoy lunch, and this will be taken with the Executive Chef and his team. The dinner rush will then start and you are welcome to stick around and help with this, which will come to an end at approximately 22.30.
You will be invited for a return visit and must book this before you leave. It will involve sampling ten courses and eight wines all chosen by a master sommelier so you can become an expert in the art of matching food and wine the Michelin way. Depending on your location (within 25 miles radius of the restaurant), you may be picked up by a chauffeur driven car and taken to the restaurant in real style with chauffeur driven return journey (again within 25 miles).
Your voucher is valid for 9 months from the date of issue
- Minimum age is 18
- You should have a reasonable level of fitness as you will be standing for a long period of time
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
This experience is available Tuesdays to Saturdays.
We recommend you book at least eight weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
The experience will start at 09.00 and the restaurant lunch will be served at 11.30, finishing at 16.00. The chefs and staff will then take their break so you can enjoy lunch together until 18.00 when they will begin the dinner preparation. You are encouraged to stay for the dinner preparation, although you are able to finish your day if you wish. If you choose to stay the finish time will around 22.30.
The following booking for the Tasting Menu and Wine should be made on the day of your first experience.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
Berkshire - Reading
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.
- Chef's Experience at Michelin Starred Restaurant L'Ortolan£295.00
- Introductory Cookery Masterclass with Three Courses at The Smart School of Cookery for OneSave 60% £99.99 £39.00
- A Day in Amalfi Cookery Class with Giancarlo Caldesi at La Cucina Caldesi£160.00
- Intensive Cookery Masterclass with Jean-Christophe Novelli and Luxury 5* Overnight Stay£995.00