Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Extended Helicopter Lesson
Add to Basket
Helicopter flying is an unusual and exciting sensation that everyone should experience. Board your aircraft and zoom through the clouds in this superb piece of technology.
Your flying lesson will allow you to achieve hands-on experience of the only aircraft that goes backwards and sideways as well as forwards. You will be guided by a Civil Aviation Authority qualified instructor throughout.
- One-to-one training from a CAA licensed instructor in a two-seater aircraft
- Introductory briefing on helicopter controls and safety
- One flight of 40 to 60 minutes
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day?
Upon arrival at your chosen airfield you will be greeted by your pilot and receive a briefing before the flight of approximately 40 to 60 minutes. This will cover safety, and an introduction to some of the controls. Then it’s off to the helicopter to climb aboard and strap in.
Once your instructor has got the helicopter in the air you will be allowed to take the controls, and will be guided through your flight. Your instructor though, will land the aircraft to ensure a smooth grounding.
Your voucher is valid for 9 months from the date of issue
- Minimum age: 14
- Minimum height: 5ft
- Maximum height: 6ft 2in
- Maximum weight: 14 to 18 stone (depending on location and helicopter)
- The above are only guidelines and may differ by location. Please check at the time of booking
- You should not take part if you suffer from epilepsy, vertigo or are pregnant
- Spectators are welcome but views may be limited. Kindly note that depending on the location there may be a maximum number of spectators permitted, please check at the time of booking
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
Helicopter flying lessons take place all year round and are normally available on any day of the week depending on location.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
You should allow approximately 1 hour 30 minutes for the whole experience. The flight, from taxi to landing, will last approximately 40 to 60 minutes, depending on location.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
12 locations across the UK
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.
- South West (1)
- Gloucestershire - Cheltenham
- South East (2)
- Buckinghamshire - Marlow
- Kent - Headcorn
- North West (1)
- Greater Manchester - Manchester
- North East (1)
- Tyne & Wear - Newcastle
- Scotland (1)
- Scotland - Aberdeen
- Wales (1)
- Wales - Powys
- East Midlands (2)
- Northamptonshire - Sywell
- Nottinghamshire - Loughborough
- West Midlands (3)
- Herefordshire - Leominster
- Warwickshire - Wellesbourne
- Warwickshire - Coventry