You might not know the name, but you’ll definitely know the body: the iconic Ford GT40 that won the LeMans 24 hours four times in a row, and now you can drive a replica that is every bit its equal for three miles round a track with this Ford GT40 Blast.
One of the greatest racing cars ever built, the sleek Ford GT40 (named for its 40in height) is hiding some serious speed under its curvy bonnet. A powerful Ford V8 engine produces over 500bhp to get you speeding around the track in no time, so you’ll be able to imagine making your own racing history as you roar through three exhilarating miles at your chosen course.
Guiding you through every turn and helping you to get the most from your Ford GT40, an expert driving instructor will be on hand from the moment you squeeze into the driving seat for the drive of your life. It won’t quite last for 24 hours, but this is a drive you’ll remember for much, much longer.
- Three miles of exhilarating driving in a Ford GT40
- Drive a replica of the famous four-time LeMans 24 Hour winner
- An expert driving instructor by your side to help you get the most out of your machine
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day?
On arrival at the venue you’ll check in at reception and then take part in a briefing on driving techniques and safety, ensuring that by the time you get behind the wheel you’re ready to go and put the pedal straight to the floor in your chosen vehicle.
Your chosen venue may also offer extra special models available to book for an additional fee.
- Minimum age: 17 (under 18s need parental/guardian consent)
- Guidelines are that you should be between 4ft 5in and 6ft 1in with a maximum weight of 20 stone to be safe and comfortable to drive. Please check at the time of booking.
- All participants must hold a full UK driving licence and present the original on the day of the experience. International licences will be accepted.
- Please note: anyone deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs will not be permitted to participate
- Family, friends and children are welcome to spectate. Viewing is available for spectators. Under 16s must be accompanied by an adult
- The centres contracted with us hold public indemnity liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover.
- Some driving operators require customers to complete an Indemnity/Damage waiver form on the day of the experience. This may state that the driver will be liable for a fixed amount of costs should they damage the vehicle whilst driving. Most of these suppliers are able to provide Indemnity/Damage Waiver at a small additional fee (usually £20-£45) payable on site. The purchase of this is optional and is in addition to the Public Liability Insurance held by all venues. The full details of any indemnity or damage waiver will be provided by the activity operator. We are unable to advise or comment on the content or suitability of these products.
- A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location.
Please check the validity of your voucher as it is essential that you book and take your experience before the expiry date.
This experience is available on selected weekdays and weekends from February to November.
We recommend you book 12 weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow up to 3 hours for the full experience. Exact duration will vary according to the number of participants on the day.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.