Why not try something different and take to the skies for what is often described as a true feeling of freedom in the air. Microlighting is a form of flight that has developed enormously over the past 20 years and has now evolved into one of the safest and most economical forms of flight. Ultra light and easy to fly, sit back and take in the glorious views of your chosen location or maybe give the controls a go yourself. Many clubs now use fixed wing Microlights that offer the comfort of a regular training aircraft, whilst others still use aircrafts with the flexible wing, open cockpit style, adding a vintage feel to your experience. Whichever you end up in, you are sure to feel the thrill of this marvellous aircraft.
- Welcome and safety briefing
- Approximately 20-25 minute flight
- The opportunity to take the controls
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
We’re working with our experience partners to ensure we’re adhering to government advice as it updates. Please check with the supplier at time of booking for their individual recommendations.
What happens on the day?
Your lesson begins with a thorough briefing on all aspects of Microlight flying from your instructor when you will be shown the aircraft and talked through its main characteristics. You’ll have the basic principles of flight explained and will go over any safety information. You will then take to the air for this fantastic experience. You can either sit back and enjoy the ride or you may be able take the controls yourself for a more ‘hands-on’ experience depending on the location you choose and the weather conditions on the day.
- Minimum age: 14 (under 17s need written parental consent)
- Maximum weight: 14 stone (16 stone 7lbs at East Lothian)
- Age and weight restrictions may vary by location, please check with your chosen venue at the time of booking
- You must not suffer from Epilepsy, Fits or Blackouts. If you have any concerns then please discuss these with the supplier at the time of booking
- Spectators are welcome to wait at the airfield while you take your flight
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
Most centres fly throughout the year, both midweek and weekends.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow approximately 1 hour for the whole experience. The actual flight will last approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
Please ensure you are familiar with the terms and conditions of the experience.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.