Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Introductory Rally Driving
Add to Basket
Have you ever wanted to drive at high speeds through a winding track as wheels spin? Well rev up your engines because now is your chance. Take the Introductory Rally Driving Experience and feel what it’s like to speed the car around the track like a top rally driver.
Your experience will begin with a training session which will cover the correct techniques and handling methods you need to learn to drive a rally car safely, this can include the all important handbrake turn. Your experienced and qualified instructor will be at your side to guide you as you take the wheel of the purpose built rally car. See how you cope on different surfaces as you take on tarmac or loose ground and try your hand at cornering and braking. It will test your focus, co-ordination and determination during this fun, action packed experience.
- Safety briefing and initial group instruction
- Training from a qualified instructor and hands-on driving in a specially prepared rally car
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
What happens on the day?
On arrival you will normally be asked to sign an indemnity form which will also require parental/guardian signature for under 18's. Your training session will usually be shared with other drivers. The course will start with a classroom briefing on the different techniques required to master the art of Rally Driving. This will cover correct braking and gear change methods, handling techniques and more.
Then, it’s straight out on the stage and into the driver’s seat of a purpose built, fully prepared rally car. Rallying requires focus, true determination and complete car control and with your instructor by your side to guide you round the stage, you’ll soon be tackling the techniques like a pro.The fully qualified instructors will put you at ease as you learn the different techniques over the loose or tarmac surfaces. Rally cars and course surfaces vary depending on location.
Your voucher is valid for 9 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right.
- Minimum age: 17 (under 18’s need parental/guardian consent) at most locations
- Minimum height: 4ft 6in to 5ft 2in depending on the chosen location
- Maximum height: 6ft 4in to 6ft 7in depending on the chosen location
- Maximum weight: 16 stone to 18 stone 7lb depending on the chosen location
- You should be in reasonable health and agile enough to climb into the vehicle
- You must hold a full UK Driving licence (for a minimum of 1 year at some venues) which must be presented on the day
- Please note: You will not be allowed to drive if you are late and miss the safety briefing
- Spectators are usually welcome, at some venues there may be small charge. Please check the number of spectators that are able to attend when booking. Facilities vary but there are usually refreshments available
- At Brackley under 14’s must be accompanied by a non participating adult
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
- The centres contracted with us hold public indemnity liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover.
Some driving operators require customers to complete an Indemnity/Damage waiver form on the day of the experience. This may state that the driver will be liable for a fixed amount of costs should they damage the vehicle whilst driving. Most of these suppliers are able to provide Indemnity/Damage Waiver at a small additional fee (usually £20-£45) payable on site. The purchase of this is optional and is in addition to the Public Liability Insurance held by all venues. The full details of any indemnity or damage waiver will be provided by the activity operator. We are unable to advise or comment on the content or suitability of these products.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher
The experience is available on selected dates throughout the year. Some locations may only be available on weekdays, Prestwold Driving Centre is weekends only.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow 1 hour 30 minutes at most locations for your experience, with driving times of 45 to 60 minutes (30 minutes at Bicester and Prestwold Driving Centre). Actual driving time and number of cars varies depending on location, please check at the time of booking. Course length may be affected by group sizes and some centres may run the course on a more intensive time-scale, which means your visit may be of a shorter duration, but will contain the same amount of driving time.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
7 locations across the UK
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.