Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Junior 4x4 Driving
Add to Basket
How would you like to get to drive a powerful Land Rover Discovery? Now you can with this Junior 4x4 Driving Experience. Guided by a BORDA qualified instructor, you’ll take the wheel on a purpose-built site where you can learn new skills and tackle off-road challenges like steep slopes, inclines and rutted tracks. The perfect experience for anyone aged between12 and 16 who wants to try driving an exciting off-road vehicle in a fun and safe environment.
You will soon be feeling like an expert as the instructor shows you the basics of driving off-road. You’ll experience the thrill of manoeuvring a vehicle down side slopes, hill drops and gullies while developing your skills in observation and planning. At the end of your experience, you will be presented with a certificate as proof of your achievement driving a 4x4 car.
- Introduction to off-road handling techniques as part of a small group
- Training from a qualified instructor and hands-on driving
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right.
What happens on the day?
On arrival at the centre you will normally be asked to sign an indemnity form which will also require parental/guardian signature for under 18s. Your session will usually be shared with other drivers, with each of you taking it in turns at driving and riding as a passenger.
You will be given an initial briefing, followed by detailed training before being allowed to drive the vehicle yourself under guidance of the instructor once you are judged to be safe enough behind the wheel. After your experience driving the 4x4 you will receive a certificate marking your achievement.
- Minimum age: 12 (14 at Cheshire location)
- Maximum age: 16
- Minimum height: 4ft 10in
- Maximum height: 6ft 4in
- Maximum weight: 18 stone
- You should be in reasonable health and agile enough to climb into the vehicle
- Please note: there should be no alcohol consumed either before or during the experience
- Some centres have restrictions on spectators’ access to the site, due to safety considerations and their insurance arrangements. Check with the centre before booking. If you are able to go on site, be prepared for lots of walking across rough terrain and wear suitable outdoor clothing. Facilities for spectators vary between centres, so if you have any queries or special requirements, check with the centre of your choice before booking
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
This experience is available on selected dates throughout the year. Please check with the supplier when making your booking for updated availability.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. This is only a guideline and we advise you to book as early as possible to ensure that dates are available before the expiry date listed on your voucher. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow up to 3 hours for your visit. Personal drive time is approximately 35 minutes and whilst not driving, you will ride as a passenger.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
Please ensure you are familiar with the terms and conditions of the experience.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
12 locations across the UK
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.
- South West (2)
- Avon - Bristol
- Devon - Honiton
- South East (3)
- Hampshire – Thruxton Circuit
- Berkshire - Reading
- Hampshire - Romsey
- North West (1)
- Cheshire - Crewe
- North East (1)
- Durham - Ferryhill
- Wales (2)
- Wales - Swansea
- Wrexham - Brymbo
- Yorkshire and Humber (1)
- South Yorkshire - Doncaster
- East Midlands (1)
- Grantham - Lincolnshire
- West Midlands (1)
- Warwickshire - Shipston-on-Stour