Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Junior 4x4 DrivingCode: PJUNOR SP26 6 month validity Dorset - Dorchester 1 person
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Junior 4x4 Driving
Add to Basket
For some kids, waiting until they’re old enough to drive around can be a little bit unbearable, especially if they’re obsessed with all things four-wheeled. With this Junior 4x4 Driving experience for one anyone between 12 and 16 can try their hand at taking a vehicle off-road.
Guided by a BORDA-qualified instructor, your youngster can take the wheel at a purpose-built site and get the hang of the specialised techniques that the experts need to keep their off-road vehicles moving whatever the terrain. They’ll tackle off-road challenges like steep slopes, valleys and rutted tracks across 35 minutes of drive time, and when they’re not driving themselves they’ll be sitting back and experiencing every bump and lift as another junior takes the wheel.
It won’t take long before they’re feeling like an expert as they learn the basics of driving off-road and develop their skills in observation and planning for the challenges ahead. At the end of their experience they’ll receive a certificate of their 4x4 driving achievement, so it’s one they won’t forget in a hurry!
- Introduction to off-road handling techniques and safety as part of a small group
- Training from a BORDA-qualified instructor
- 35 minutes of hands-on off-road driving
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day?
On arrival at the centre you will normally be asked to sign an indemnity form which will also require parental/guardian signature for under 18s. Your session will usually be shared with other drivers, with each of you taking it in turns at driving and riding as a passenger.
You will be given an initial briefing, followed by detailed training before being allowed to drive the vehicle yourself under guidance of the instructor once you are judged to be safe enough behind the wheel. After your experience driving the 4x4 you will receive a certificate marking your achievement.
Your voucher is valid for 6 months from the date of issue
- Minimum age: 12
- Maximum age: 16
- Minimum height: 4ft 10in (147cms)
- Maximum height: 6ft 4in (193cms)
- Maximum height: 18 stone (114kgs)
- The junior driver must be physically fit and any medical conditions or disabilities must be notified to the centre on booking as this experience may not be suitable
- Please note: there should be no alcohol consumed either before or during the experience
- Some centres have restrictions on spectators’ access to the site, due to safety considerations and their insurance arrangements. Check with the centre before booking. If you are able to go on site, be prepared for lots of walking across rough terrain and wear suitable outdoor clothing. Facilities for spectators vary between centres, so if you have any queries or special requirements, check with the centre of your choice before booking
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
Your voucher is valid for six months from the date of issue, kindly note that you must have booked and taken your experience before the expiry date.
This experience is available on selected weekdays throughout the year. A £20 upgrade fee for a weekend date is available and can be paid directly to the supplier. All vouchers must be booked in advance.
We recommend you book at least four to six weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow up to 2 hours for your visit. The drive time is approximately 35 minutes and whilst not driving, you will ride as a passenger.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
Dorset - Dorchester
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.