Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Junior Keeper at Hemsley Conservation CentreCode: PHEMSJ 9 month validity Kent - Sevenoaks
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Junior Keeper at Hemsley Conservation Centre
Add to Basket
Treat a budding zoologist to a day with the animals with this Junior Keeper experience at Hemsley Conservation Centre.
Get up close and personal to some of the centre’s most popular critters. They’ll get their hands dirty as they get to grips with some of the day to day challenges that go into caring for the centre’s many animals. Following an introduction and a tour of the centre it’ll be down to business. First up, will be giving the tortoises their daily grub, before a brief encounter with some of the centres friendly bugs. The lemurs are as hungry as they are messy, so they’ll need a feed and a clean too. After a quick break, it’ll be time to meet the madcap mob of meerkats. They’ll be run through an animal health check and even have brief encounter with the resident skunk to finish the day.
Included in their experience will be the chance to make an enrichment for the animals. They’ll have the chance to give this to the centre's animals to provide something of lasting value to the residents.
- Junior keeper experience at Hemsley Conservation Centre
- Introduction and tour
- Feed the tortoises
- Bug Encounter
- Clean and feed the lemurs
- 30-minute break
- Meet the mob of meerkats
- Enrichment making for the animals
- Animal health check
- Skunk encounter
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day?
Upon arrival at Hemsley Conservation Centre, they’ll meet their keeper for the day before taking a tour of the centre. Then it’s down to business.
They’ll shadow a keeper and get up close and personal with the animals, getting hands on with their daily care routines. From bugs to skunks, lemurs and tortoises – there’s plenty of animals to get to know on the day.
Your voucher is valid for 9 months from the date of issue
- Minimum age: 5
- Maximum age: 14
- All participants must be accompanied by an adult who will need to pay the entry fee
- Regrettably certain guests will be unable to take part including people with relevant phobias or known allergies and immunocompromised individuals
- Whilst every effort is made to accommodate those with a disability or learning difficulty, due to practicality and health and safety this cannot always be achieved; please contact us for advice before purchasing
- If you wish to bring extra people to watch your experience they will need to pay normal entry prices, but will not take part in the experience
- Only two people can take part in an experience at any one time
- Animal handling is only permitted in certain situations
- Proximity and contact with the animals is at the staff's discretion on the day
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
This experience is available 10.00 to 13.15 seven days a week throughout the year.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available.All bookings are subject to availability.
Allow 3 hours 15 minutes for the whole experience.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
Kent - Sevenoaks
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.