Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Land Away Double Flying Lesson
Add to Basket
Feel the thrill of piloting a light aircraft then sit back and observe as somebody else takes the controls in this Land Away Double Flying Lesson. You’ll have the chance to experience two kinds of flying lesson in this unique adventure that allows you to act as pilot on one leg of the journey and as an observer on the second leg.
You’ll land and take off from different locations, subject to the airfield and weather conditions, taking it in turns with one other person to pilot the plane, and any time spent behind the controls will count towards a Private Pilot’s licence. Once you have completed both flight legs, you will be presented with a certificate confirming completion – the perfect memento for an extraordinary experience.
- Short safety and technical briefing
- Two flying sectors of approximately 30 minutes each
- Take on the role of an observer and pilot
- Land at a different location during your flight (subject to the airfield and weather conditions)
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right.
What happens on the day?
On arrival at the airfield, you will be met by the ground crew and receive a short safety and technical briefing from a CAA experienced instructor. They will discuss the controls with you as well as the route that you will follow, then it’s ‘up, up and away’ as you take to the skies on a journey to remember.
Your flight will be shared with up to one other participant, who will take it in turns with you to be an observer and pilot. You will swap roles when you land at a different location during the flight (subject to the airfield and weather conditions). Once you have completed your final landing the instructor will run through a debriefing before presenting you with a certificate to take away with you.
- Minimum age: 12 (adult supervision required for under 16s on airfield premises)
- Minimum height: 5ft
- Maximum height: 6ft 2in
- Maximum weight: 15 stone
- The above are only guidelines and may differ by location please check at the time of booking
- You should not take part if you suffer from epilepsy, vertigo or are pregnant. You should be in reasonable health, if you have any disability or illness that may prevent you from taking part then you must discuss this with the centre before booking
- On the day you will need to provide two forms of identification (required by law): Photo Identification (passport or driving licence) and Proof of address (utility bill), along with your experience voucher and Boarding Pass (email confirmation)
- Spectators are welcome, but adult supervision is required for under 16s on airfield premises
- Disabled access varies depending on the location; please discuss this when making your booking
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
Your voucher is valid for twelve months from the date of issue, kindly note that you must have booked and taken your experience before this date.
The experience is available selected dates throughout the year. Saturdays are limited due to popularity.
We recommend you book at least eight weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. This is only a guideline and we advise you to book as early as possible to ensure that dates are available before the expiry date listed on your voucher. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow approximately 2 hours for the whole experience. Please note at some locations the 30 minute flight time includes taxi time.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
Please ensure you are familiar with the terms and conditions of the experience.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
12 locations across the UK
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.
- South West (2)
- Gloucestershire - Gloucester
- Avon - Bristol
- South East (1)
- Berkshire - Maidenhead
- East of England (2)
- Hertfordshire - Borehamwood
- Bedfordshire - Henlow
- North West (1)
- Lancashire - Blackpool
- North East (2)
- County Durham - Durham
- Tyne and Wear - Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Scotland (1)
- Scotland - Renfrewshire
- Wales (1)
- Wales - Llanbedr Airfield
- Yorkshire and Humber (1)
- Yorkshire - Beverley
- West Midlands (1)
- West Midlands - Wolverhampton