Previous Page Breadcrumbs
One Day Cookery School at Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's River CottageCode: PRCCS1 12 month validity Devon - Axminster 1 person
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
One Day Cookery School at Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall's River Cottage
Add to Basket
Your exciting day at Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall’s River Cottage will begin with a tractor ride up to the seventeenth century farmhouse where you will join the accomplished chefs for a fun and informal day of cooking. Upon your arrival you will enjoy a cup of tea or coffee along with River Cottage treats before taking part in five practical sessions focussing on key skills for making things like bread – where you will create your very own farmhouse loaf, and meat – where you look at the River Cottage philosophy of eating everything from nose-to-tail.
You will also enjoy a demo session where you watch the chefs prepare a delicious yet quick fish dish, before you put all your new skills together to create a mouth-watering three-course meal to indulge in after all your hard work. After your one day cookery school is complete you can relax and chat with the other attendees before jumping back on the tractor having learnt a host of different culinary ideas and techniques.
- Welcome and introduction
- One day cookery course including five practical sessions and one demo session
- Samples, tastings and snacks throughout the day
- Three-course meal
- An informal chat with other participants and members of the team
- Tractor ride from the car park to the farm and back
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
What happens on the day?
On arrival at the site you will be picked up in a tractor to make your way down to the River Cottage. This will be a fantastic day of food suitable for amateurs or more established cooks. The course will also include a delicious three-course seasonal meal, eaten either as a late lunch or early supper.
A typical day’s itinerary will include a welcome with tea and coffee and five practical sessions where you will get involved with hands-on learning. There will also be one demo session where you watch the chef prepare something, afterwards you will get to enjoy eating what you have cooked during the day.
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right.
- Minimum age: 12 (under 16s must be accompanied by an adult)
- The terrain is rough in places, as it is a farm but disabled access is possible
- On occasion cookery schools will use equipment that includes induction hobs. It is recommended that people with pace makers should not work on these units. If you are concerned or would like to check whether or not induction hobs will be used in the class you are interested in, please do ask when making your booking
- It is with regret that this course is not suitable for those with a wheat or gluten intolerance or allergy
- Please note: Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall will not be attending this course, however you will be taught by his talented chefs
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue.
Courses run on selected dates throughout the year (normally two dates per month).
We recommend you book at least 12 weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow up to 6 hours for the whole experience. Courses start at 10.00 and end at approximately 16.00.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
Devon - Axminster
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.