Channel your inner Baggins and escape to the Lake District’s award-winning Quiet Site for a night of Tolkien-esque underground glamping. Your spacious Hobbit Hole can cosily house up to two adults and three children, so the whole clan can get together for this latest adventure.
Highly insulated, attractive and sustainable, your base for the night boasts stunning views over Ullswater, England’s second longest lake. Inside, you’ll find a comfortable soft-sleep ledge, seating, a table, electric lights, and power and USB charge points. On the campsite you’ll find extensive facilities including a bar, shop, showers, bathrooms, a games room and local walk sheet to help you make the most out of your stay.
All you need to bring along are the essentials. If you’re looking for a unique getaway to one of the UK’s most picturesque locations, then look no further.
- One night escape in a Hobbit Hole in the Lake District
- Stay at the award-winning Quiet Sight
- Sleeps up to two adults and three children
- All you need to bring are the essentials
- Campsite facilities include shower rooms, laundry, water points, secure bike store, bar and shop - subject to season
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
We’re working with our experience partners to ensure we’re adhering to government advice as it updates. Please check with the supplier at time of booking for their individual recommendations.
What happens on the day?
Escape to the Lake District for a night at the award-winning Quiet Site. Set amongst some of the region’s most stunning scenery, up to two adults and three children will be able to spend the night in one of the unique Hobbit Holes. Well insulated and warm, with both USB and power points, all you’ll need to bring is the essentials for the night.
Your Hobbit Hole includes a soft sleep ledge, seating, heating, storage, electric points, USB points, and electric lights. Campsite facilities include a bar, shop, showers, toilets, family bathrooms, local walk sheet, soft play area, games room, library, play park and a laundry. Just don’t forget your sleeping bags!
- Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult
- Due to the rural location the experience is not suitable for wheelchair users
- The Quiet Site allow one dog per Hobbit Hole with advance booking - Please enquire when booking
- Please note: guide dogs for the blind and hearing dogs for profoundly deaf people will be accepted by prior arrangement
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
This experience is available Sunday to Thursday (not including School Holidays) throughout the year.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
The Hobbit Hole will be available from 14.30 on the day of your arrival until 10.30 on the morning of departure.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
Please ensure you are familiar with the terms and conditions of the experience.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.