Previous Page Breadcrumbs
One Night Break and Steam Train Trip with Churnet Valley Railway for TwoCode: PCVRGK 9 month validity 2 locations 2 people
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
One Night Break and Steam Train Trip with Churnet Valley Railway for Two
Add to Basket
Experience the magic of classic British travel, with a One Night Break and Steam Train Trip with Churnet Valley Railway for Two.
Together you can take your seats in a beautifully restored heritage locomotive, and soak up the sights as you pass through the heart of the Staffordshire Moorlands, offering idyllic views of the river and the historic Cauldron Canal. If you fancy learning more about the history of the railway, make the most of your free entry to the museum at Cheddleton Station.
Following your excursion you can spend a restful night in a comfy twin or double room at the Weathervane Hotel, with a delicious cooked or continental breakfast in the morning.
- Steam train trip for two people
- 20-mile or 11-mile round trip on a heritage steam or diesel locomotive
- Beautiful views of the Staffordshire Moorlands
- Entry to the railway museum at Cheddleton Station
- One night in a double or twin room at the Weathervane Greene King hotel
- Cooked or continental breakfast
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day?
On arrival at Froghall Station, you’ll step aboard one of the beautifully restored heritage steam or diesel locomotives. Experience the magic of traditional rail travel with either an 11-mile or 20-mile round trip, and take in views of the Staffordshire Moorlands as you go.
Afterwards, the two of you can head over to the nearby Weathervane Hotel, where you’ll be warmly welcomed by the friendly staff and shown through to your double or twin room. From there, your time is yours to spend as you wish; with so many additional options to choose from, you can tailor your night away to your own preferences.
Following a relaxing night’s sleep, the two of you can enjoy a tasty cooked or continental breakfast in the morning.
Your voucher is valid for 9 months from the date of issue
- Minimum age: 16 (under 18s must be accompanied by a paying adult)
- Kingsley & Froghall station and the museum at Cheddleton are both wheelchair accessible. Kingsley & Froghall station has disabled toilets. Staff are always on hand to help with any assistance you may require
- There is disabled parking at Kingsley & Froghall station, if you are unable to find any disabled parking you can alight wheelchairs or elderly passengers at the platform before parking your car
- Please discuss any accessibility needs when making your booking with the hotel
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
One night stay
Your one night stay is available Sunday to Friday (excludes Saturdays). All bookings are subject to availability.
Check-in is from 14.00 with departure by 11.00 the following morning.
Churnet Valley Railway
Your voucher can be used on green and blue timetables. Trains run on selected Wednesdays, Saturdays, and Sundays. Please check timetable for availability.
There is no need to make a booking but vouchers mnust be used before the expiry date printed on them.
Please allow 4 hours for the full experience.
Unless indicated otherwise the services are hauled by steam locomotives. On the occasions when this is not possible they will operate one of their heritage diesel locomotives.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
2 locations across the UK
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.
- West Midlands (2)
- Staffordshire - Stoke on Trent
- Staffordshire - Stoke on Trent
- One Night Stratford-upon-Avon Break with Dinner and River Cruise for Two£215.00
- One Night Stratford-upon-Avon Boutique Escape at The Arden Hotel£160.00
- One Night Boutique Escape with Dinner for Two at Cotswold House Hotel & Spa£229.00
- Two Night 4* Belfast Break and Visit to The Titanic Experience for Two£347.00