Served in the opulent Palace Lounge, overlooking The Buckingham Palace Royal Mews, this delicious Afternoon Tea features pastries inspired by Royal events and dining trends over the centuries.
To honour Queen Elizabeth II, you’ll be served Her Majesty the Queen’s much-loved jam pennies, a favourite from childhood. The red velvet cupcake is influenced by the House of Stuart recognising Colonel Thomas Blood who, along with his co-conspirators attempted to steal the Crown Jewels from the Tower of London on 9 May 1671.
The chocolate mousse with chocolate biscuit cake is inspired by Prince William and Prince Harry of Windsor, a firm favourite in the nursery. It’s not surprising that Prince William chose to have chocolate biscuit cake at his wedding, and it’s no wonder guests feel like royalty whist enjoying The Royal Afternoon Tea at the Rubens.
- A selection of sandwiches
- Freshly baked scones with Devonshire clotted cream
- A selection of royalty inspired homemade pastries
- A fine selection of teas for you to choose from
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
What happens on the day?
On your arrival at the hotel please make your way to the Palace Lounge where you will present your voucher and be greeted by a member of staff and shown to your seating.
You will be served a selection of delicate sandwiches, freshly baked scones with Devonshire clotted cream and a selection of royalty inspired delicacies; all accompanied by a tea of your choice.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by a paying adult
- There are steps up to the hotel which may make it difficult for wheelchair users to enter but there is a ramp access alongside the entrance. Please ask more details from the hotel when making your booking
- Please note: a discretionary service charge of 12.5% will be added to your bill
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
Afternoon tea is served daily throughout the year from 12.00 to 14.00 and 16.30 to 17.30. Excluded dates may apply.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow approximately 2 hours for your tea.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.