Put your driving skills to the test as you skid in a safe environment with guidance from experienced instructors. Test your reflexes and co-ordination as you learn the actions and how it’s all about the angles.
After detailed training from the instructor, you’ll purposely slide the car before experiencing hands-on what it’s like to tackle a skidding car. Learn about weight transfer, under steer and over steer, and the correct use of throttle and brakes. If you like big thrills behind the wheel, this one’s for you.
- Safety briefing and initial group instruction
- Training from a licensed Instructor
- Hands-on driving
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day?
On arrival you will normally be asked to sign an indemnity form which will also require parental/guardian signature for under 18's. Your training session will usually be shared with three other drivers taking turns to drive. You will be given an initial briefing, followed by detailed training from a qualified instructor and then hands-on experience tackling the skidding car.
The experience will provide basic instruction on control and prevention of understeer, oversteer, weight transfer, and the correct use of throttle and brakes.
- Minimum age: 17(under 18’s need parental/guardian consent) (18 at Silverstone)
- Minimum height: 5ft (5ft 2in at Silverstone)
- Maximum height: 6ft 4in (6ft 7in at Silverstone)
- Maximum weight: 18 stone
- You must hold a full UK or European Driving licence. (Must be held for at least one year at Silverstone).
- You should be in reasonable health and agile enough to climb into the vehicle
- Spectators are usually welcome, free of charge. Facilities for spectators vary between centres, so please check when booking
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
- The centres contracted with us hold public indemnity liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover.
Some driving operators require customers to complete an Indemnity/Damage waiver form on the day of the experience. This may state that the driver will be liable for a fixed amount of costs should they damage the vehicle whilst driving. Most of these suppliers are able to provide Indemnity/Damage Waiver at a small additional fee (usually £20-£45) payable on site. The purchase of this is optional and is in addition to the Public Liability Insurance held by all venues. The full details of any indemnity or damage waiver will be provided by the activity operator. We are unable to advise or comment on the content or suitability of these products.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher
This experience is available on selected dates throughout the year.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Allow 2 to 3 hours for your visit, with an approximate driving time of 30 minutes.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.