Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Stargazing for Two at Raby Castle
Add to Basket
Discover the magic of the night skies in the breathtaking surroundings of historic Raby Castle.
You’ll begin in Raby Castle’s Great Hall, learning about what you can expect to see in the sky and what makes your location so special. Heading out, you’ll walk down to the lakes in front of the Castle, all the while learning about the fascinating history of the building.
Your expert guide will light up the Castle for photographs. You’ll be provided with astronomy binoculars for the duration of your experience, so you can really appreciate the awe-inspiring setting you’re in. Perfect for anyone with a passion for stargazing or simply those who enjoy unforgettable views in unique surroundings.
- Stargazing for Two at Historic Raby Castle
- Briefing presentation from an expert in Raby Castle’s Great Hall
- Breathtaking surroundings
- Individual astronomy binoculars provided for the evening
- Printed star chart to take home
- Useful information to help you continue your new hobby
- Excellent photo opportunities
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
What happens on the day?
On arrival at Raby Castle, you’ll begin with a briefing demonstration in the Great Hall, where you’ll discuss what you can hope to see in the sky that night. As you walk down to the lakes in front of the Castle you’ll learn about the history of the building and what makes it such a good stargazing location. A unique feature is that the lakes are well-sheltered, and are usually still enough to see reflections of the stars.
When you reach the observing area, your guide will light the Castle up so you can take photos on your phone. You’ll then get a tour of what’s visible in the night sky, with the chance to learn some of the constellations.
You’ll be educated in using apps to help you plan stargazing sessions individually, as well as receiving a printed star chart for the month. You’ll learn how to find key objects and constellations on your own, with plenty of time to practice using your astronomy binoculars.
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right.
- Minimum age: 5 (under 18s must be accompanied by a full paying adult)
- The Castle is a 5 minute walk from the car park, and the lakes are a 5 to 10 minute walk from the Castle. This is across a fairly flat surface, but attendees will need to be able to walk with the group at a steady pace
- The paths are wheelchair accessible
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
The experience is available selected nights (mostly Fridays and Saturdays) and times from October to April.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow 1 hour 30 minutes for the full experience
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.