Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Stargazing for Two at The Breath-Taking High Force WaterfallCode: PGLSW2 12 month validity Durham - High Force 2 people
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Stargazing for Two at The Breath-Taking High Force Waterfall
Add to Basket
Discover the magic of the night skies with a Stargazing for Two at The Breath-Taking High Force Waterfall.
With the rest of the group, you’ll walk down to the stunning High Force waterfall, learning about the unique landscape and what makes it so special as you go. Once you’ve arrived, you’ll have the chance to light up the waterfalls with torches and take photographs on your phone (other cameras are not permitted, due to available space).
If the sky is clear, you'll look at and discuss what can be seen in the night sky. You’ll be provided with astronomy binoculars, so you can really appreciate the awe-inspiring web of constellations above. You’ll leave the event with a greater knowledge of the dark sky, including how to find key objects on your own. Perfect for anyone with a passion for stargazing or simply those who enjoy unforgettable views in unique surroundings.
- Stargazing experience for two at High Force Waterfall
- Stunning views of the High Force waterfall and the night skies
- Astronomy binoculars provided for the evening
- Printed star chart to take home
- Useful information to help you continue your new hobby
- Excellent photo opportunities
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
What happens on the day?
On arrival at your meeting point, the High Force Hotel, you’ll meet the rest of the attendees and the expert guide who’ll be taking your class. As you walk down to the High Force waterfall, you’ll learn about the surroundings and why they’re so special. Spend some time appreciating the sight of the waterfalls lit up with your torches, before taking your astronomy binoculars to soak up the spectacular skies above you.
Your guide will teach you all about free and low-cost apps you can use to help you plan independent stargazing sessions. You’ll also be given a printed star chart for the month of the event, enabling you to remember what you’ve seen.
In the case of unexpected rain or heavy cloud cover, there will be alternative activities designed to be equally informative and enjoyable. Subject to availability, this may involve an interactive discussion indoors, with software simulations of the night sky. We may also have an extended session on how to use stargazing apps.
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right.
- Minimum age: 8 (under 18s must be accompanied by a full paying adult)
- There is a 10 minutes walk to and from the waterfall - the path is on an incline with steps at the bottom - you will need to be able to walk at a steady pace with the rest of the group
- There is parking available at the hotel for £3.00
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
The experience is available selected nights (Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday) and times from October to April.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow 1 hour 30 minutes for the full experience
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
Durham - High Force
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.
- Stargazing Experience for Two with Dark Sky Wales£50.00
- Three Course Meal for Two with Sparkling Cocktail at London's Shaka ZuluSave 50% £98.00 £49.00
- Comedy Night for TwoSave 36% £39.50 £25.00
- Hike with Huskies and Entry to Eagle Heights Wildlife Foundation for Two£50.00
- Winery and Brewery Tour for Two with TastingsSave 70% £40.00 £12.00