Would you survive a night in the wilderness? Spend the weekend getting to know the outdoors and learning what it takes to survive without any of your home comforts. Experienced bushcraft instructors will teach you fundamental survival techniques such as how to light a fire, build your own shelter, purify water, and catch your own meal.
With an emphasis on hands-on learning, you’ll develop skills in navigation, be shown how to make natural cordage from plant fibres, construct traps and snares, and learn how to prepare rabbit, fish and birds for consumption. As the sun sets on the woodland, you’ll sleep in the shelter you’ve built and in the morning you’ll be sharpening knives and discovering dozens of edible plants that you can try for yourself. This is the ultimate experience for anyone who loves the outdoors and a fun course for anyone who likes an adventure.
- Fully hands-on, practical course conducted entirely in the wilderness
- Learn how to prepare evening meals and light a fire
- Learn to build your own shelter
- Guided tour of the woods showing edible plants
- Game and water preparation
- Woodland Sauna
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
What happens on the day?
The course runs from Friday evening to Sunday midday, so you will spend two nights in the wilderness. You will be given a safety briefing on arrival before setting up the camp. You will prepare an evening meal before going to bed in a tent on the first night. Breakfast will be bright and early at 07.30, and then you will commence a full day of survival and bushcraft activities.
You will make your own shelters from natural materials to sleep in that night. On the Sunday there will be time for a few more activities after breakfast before you depart at midday. This is a truly memorable experience that will leave you much more able to survive in the wilderness.
- Minimum age: 10 (kindly note that under 18s must be accompanied by a full-paying adult).
- Please ensure you let the staff know if you have a condition which may affect your ability to participate in some activities e.g. asthma, allergies, strains or physical impairments
- This experience can cater for the partially sighted, hard of hearing and those who do not require a wheelchair
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
This experience is available on selected dates throughout the year. Please check with the supplier at the time of booking for updated availability.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow a full weekend for this experience. You will arrive on the Friday evening and depart early afternoon on the Sunday
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.