Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
The Full Monty Tank Driving Day
Add to Basket
Drive some of the most powerful and feared military vehicles in the world with this Full Monty Tank Day. You’ll be kitted out in a camouflage suit and helmet before taking the controls of a selection of incredible vehicles such as a 432 Armoured Personnel Carrier, Springer, Stormer, and Russian Gvodzika tank in this extraordinary experience, which includes a tasty lunch and refreshments to keep your energy levels up.
More than just driving, this fun day out also gives you the opportunity to have a go at clay pigeon shooting, SAS woodland patrol and firing 17th century flintlocks and mortars. Separated into teams, you and your fellow participants will battle it out in a range of tasks, with points awarded along the way. Give it your all because the winning participant and their team will get to crush a car with a Chieftain Main Battle Tank – an experience you will never forget.
- Welcome, introduction and safety briefing
- Safety gear and protective clothing
- Driving a selection of fantastic vehicles
- Hot lunch and refreshments
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day?
On arrival at the centre, you’ll be welcomed by staff and given a full briefing on the day’s activities. You’ll then be kitted out in a camouflaged suit and helmet before being separated into teams. Once suitably dressed, it’s onto the first of approximately six activities you’ll compete in throughout the day including*:
- Driving a 432 Armoured Personnel Carrier
- Driving a Russian Gvodzika tank
- Clay Pigeon Shooting
- SAS Woodland Patrol
- Driving a Lance Missile Carrier
- Driving a Humvee
- Firing 17th century flintlocks and mortars
- Talk on Weaponry and Terrorism
*Please note that the activities may vary on the day depending on the availability of the equipment.
Enjoy taking the controls of some of these monster vehicles as you navigate your way around a purpose-built course which features steep side slopes and deep mud pools to push your driving skills to the limit. Give it all you’ve got because every participant will be awarded points for performance with the best driver on the day getting to crush a real car with a Chieftain Main Battle Tank with their team and spectators riding along inside.
As part of this magnificent experience, you’ll also enjoy a delicious hot lunch halfway through the day – a great opportunity to refuel before heading back out there for more exciting military-themed fun.
Your voucher is valid for 9 months from the date of issue
- Minimum age: 12
- Maximum age: 88
- Minimum height: 5ft
- Maximum weight: 19st 7lb
- Maximum chest measurement: 50in
- No driving licence is required
- Spectators are welcome. There is however an additional £35 charge payable on the day to cover a substantial lunch, all day refreshments, rides, the Armoury talk, SAS talk, and the flintlock and mortar talks. Spectators must be booked at least five days in advance. Children under 7 are not permitted on site, even as spectators, and dogs and other animals are also not permitted on site
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
This experience is usually available on the last Saturday of every month from April to October. Times may vary depending on the time of year so please check with the centre when booking a date.
We recommend you book at least eight weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow a full day for this experience.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
Northamptonshire - Helmdon
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.