Previous Page Breadcrumbs
The Royal Mint Experience for Two with LunchCode: PTRML2 9 month validity Wales - South Glamorgan 2 people
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
The Royal Mint Experience for Two with Lunch
Add to Basket
Unlock 1,100 years of British history with The Royal Mint Experience for Two with Lunch.
The Royal Mint Experience is the only place in the world where you can witness the UK’s coins being made. Head behind the scenes to follow the journey of a coin from a blank to a bank in an exclusive 45-minute Guided Factory Experience.
You’ll have the chance to lift a 400 oz Gold Bar (worth around £400,000) and one strike your own coin to take home as a memento. Discover rare coins and over 1000 years of history in the exhibition gallery, before a tasty lunch at the on-site café. Perfect for history buffs and curious minds, this fabulous experience is one to remember.
- 45 minute guided factory tour for two adults
- Go behind the scenes to see coins being made
- Strike your very own coin (one per adult)
- Discover over 1000 years of history in the exhibition gallery
- Enjoy a complimentary lunch in the café
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
What happens on the day?
On arrival, 15 minutes prior to your pre-booked tour time, please present your voucher in exchange for entry and your meal voucher.
Your fantastic Royal Mint Experience begins with a 45 minute guided tour, where an expert will take you round the factory to see the coins being made. You’ll have the chance to lift a gold bar worth £400,000, as well as striking your own coin to take home (one per adult).
Following your tour, you can explore the exhibition gallery to discover over 1000 years of history, rare coins, and more unusual items. Tuck into a tasty lunch as part of your visit.
Please note hot food is served until 14.30, with sandwiches and toasties available until 17.00.
Your voucher is valid for 9 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right.
- Minimum age: 16 (under 18s must be accompanied at all times by a parent or guardian)
- The Royal Mint Experience and factory experience are on ground level
- The factory experience is a walking tour. Limited rest stops are available in the interactive exhibition
- Photography and filming are not permitted in the Factory Experience. Your host will advise the areas in which photography is permitted
- Pets or animals of any nature are expressly prohibited at The Royal Mint Experience, except for assistance dogs
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
Tours must be pre-booked prior to your preferred date, in order to guarantee availability and timing.
The experience is available seven days a week, with tours running every 30 minutes from 10.00 to 16.30. Exclusions may apply.
We recommend you book your tour at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow up to 2 hours for the complete tour with additional time to enjoy your lunch.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.