Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Thunderbolt Powerboat Driving ExperienceCode: PSABTP SP1 12 month validity Hampshire - Southampton 1 person
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
- Play Video
Thunderbolt Powerboat Driving Experience
Add to Basket
Take to the water for an adrenaline-fuelled adventure with this Thunderbolt Powerboat Driving Experience. Get behind the wheel and prepare to bolt across the open waters of the Solent strait in the nimble three-seater South African Thunderbolt.
Agile, responsive and great fun on water, the Thuderbolt allows you to change direction as fast as you like, accelerate quickly to hair-raising speeds and jump the waves. A fully qualified skipper will be on hand with dual controls to help guide you through the process; once you’ve tried your hand at racing, you can sit back and enjoy the ride as everyone takes a turn. With a full hour on the water, there’s plenty of time for excitement, and you’ll get to take in the picturesque surroundings, too. Hold on tight and enjoy the thrills.
- Thunderbolt Powerboat Driving Experience
- Feel the adrenaline on a nimble South African Thunderbolt racing boat
- At least 13 minutes of individual driving time
- Learn cornering and racing techniques, wave jumping and high-speed take offs
- Fully qualified skipper to guide you
- Safety briefing and equipment provided
- 1 hour on the water
- 3 hours of parking at Shamrock Quay
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
What happens on the day?
You’ll need to arrive at least 30 minutes before your allotted time to sign in and complete any paperwork. You’ll receive a safety briefing from the shore crew and skippers, before heading out on the water with your skipper on the three-seater Thunderbolt.
You’ll share the driving with one or two other participants, so you’ll have at least 13 minutes of hands-on driving time; prepare for a wet and wild ride as your instructor guides you on cornering and racing techniques, wave jumping and high speed take-offs. Once your turn is up, you can sit back and enjoy the thrills from the passenger seats.
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right.
- Minimum age: 18
- Minimum height: 5ft
- Maximum weight: 18 stone, however as long as you are fit, flexible and an agile this weight limit may not apply
- Maximum waist size: 55in/140cm (This is the maximum safe size of the lifejackets)
- This experience is not suitable for those with serious back problems, heart complaints or pregnant ladies
- All guests will be asked to sign a Health & Safety declaration and an indemnity form
- Spectators are welcome but will not be allowed aboard the boat. There is a free car park, two on site restaurants as well as a pub and a café. Dogs must be kept on a lead and children must be supervised at all times
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue. It is essential that you book and take your experience before this date. This voucher cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.
The experience takes place on selected weekdays and weekends between April and October.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow approximately 1 hour 30 minutes for this experience, including all briefings.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
Hampshire - Southampton
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.
- Scuba Diving for Two£49.99
- Offshore Honda 150 Powerboat Driving Experience for TwoSave 54% £150.00 £69.00
- Ultimate Powerboat Day Aboard the Thunderbolt, Jet Viper and Honda 150Save 28% £180.00 £129.00
- Ultimate Speed Powerboat Experience Aboard the Thunderbolt and Honda 150Save 29% £140.00 £99.00
- Ultimate Powerboat Day Aboard the Thunderbolt, Jet Viper and Honda 150 for TwoSave 44% £360.00 £199.00