Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Tigers & Tracks for Two at DuxfordCode: PTIGTE 9 month validity Cambridgeshire - Duxford IWM 2 people
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Tigers & Tracks for Two at Duxford
Add to Basket
Spend an extraordinary day filled with flying, driving and sightseeing at the one and only Duxford. A true bucket list experience, this will leave you buzzing long after it’s over.
You’ll begin with a flight in the historic Tiger Moth, where you’ll be kitted out in leather flying jackets, goggles and helmets, before heading for the skies and taking the controls as you fly over the Cambridgeshire countryside. Back on terra firma, you’ll clamber over terrain in a fully armoured tank, before a well-deserved buffet lunch.
The adventures don’t stop there. You’ll be taken on a sightseeing flight in a Dragon Rapide, before being welcomed back to the ground with a presentation and a toast. Round things off with a private guided tour of the museum’s incredible aircraft collection. A full day of feeling like true VIPs – you deserve it.
- Pre-flight briefing
- Flying lesson in a Tiger Moth
- Pre-drive briefing
- Driving lesson in an armoured tank
- Buffet lunch
- Pleasure flight over Cambridge
- Guided tour of Duxford’s private aircraft collection
- Champagne toast with certificate, log book and souvenir photograph
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
What happens on the day?
Your experience will begin with a briefing in the Control Tower where you will put on your flying jackets, helmets and goggles and head outside to pose for a photograph with your Tiger Moth. Then it’s time for your flying lesson in the historic aircraft where you will be given the chance to take the controls and fly it yourself. Soon after this you will be off to enjoy a driving lesson in an armoured vehicle at Duxford military test grounds before going for your buffet lunch break, back at the Control Tower.
You will then take a pleasure flight over historic Cambridge in the De Havilland Dragon Rapide before being given a guided tour around the private aircraft collection. Head back to the Control Tower to be presented with a glass of bubbly, your certificate, log book and souvenir photograph each.
Your voucher is valid for 9 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right.
- Minimum age: 16
- Maximum weight: 18 stone
- Maximum height: 6ft 4in
- You must not fly if you are suffering from any serious medical conditions (inc. epilepsy, fits, severe head injury, high blood pressure or heart conditions), or have recently undergone surgery, unless you have a certificate to fly from your doctor. You must not fly if you are pregnant or under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- You must be physically able to climb in and out of the aircraft
- Spectators are welcome, but will need to pay to enter the airfield. The entrance fee will be at half the usual price
- All activities, lunch and tours are for the voucher holder only
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
The activity takes place on selected dates, approximately once a month, from April to October (usually the third Saturday).
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
You should allow approximately 5 hours for the experience and participants are welcome to stay at the museum, after their experience, until 18.00 when it closes.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
Cambridgeshire - Duxford IWM
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.