Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Visit Castle Howard House and Gardens with Cream Tea for TwoCode: PCHHCT 12 month validity North Yorkshire - York 2 people
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Visit Castle Howard House and Gardens with Cream Tea for Two
Add to Basket
Discover the rich and varied history, dramatic interiors and sweeping parklands of the magnificent Castle Howard House and Gardens, and tuck into a delicious cream tea on this delightful outing together.
Painstakingly designed over 100 years for the 3rd Earl of Carlisle, Castle Howard offers a discovery at every turn. From decadent bedrooms and lavish drawing rooms to the stunning Great Hall and vast Long Gallery, architectural wonders and world-renowned collections reside in every room. Free-flowing tours of the house allow you to explore at your leisure, with expert guides on hand throughout. Make sure to explore the 1000 acres of beautiful grounds; when you’re ready, you can take your seats in the Fitzroy Restaurant to enjoy a self-service cream tea.
- Entrance to Castle Howard House for two
- Free-flowing tours allowing you to explore at your leisure
- Architectural wonders and world-renowned collections in every room
- 1000 acres of parkland to explore
- Self-service cream tea for two in the Fitzroy restaurant
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
What happens on the day?
On arrival at Castle Howard House, you’ll need to present your voucher at the ticket office in exchange for entrance tickets and cream tea voucher. You’ll be provided with a map and information to help you plan your day; from there, the time’s yours to enjoy as you wish. Guides are positioned throughout to give information and answer any questions you may have, and the 1000 acres of grounds surrounding the property are full of delights, too.
Your cream tea voucher can be redeemed at any point during your visit in the self-service Fitzroy restaurant, where you’ll enjoy either a scone with cream and jam or a slice of cake, accompanied by tea or filter coffee.
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right.
- Minimum age: 16 (under 18s must be accompanied by a full paying adult)
- A paved route in the Stable Courtyard provides access to the cafés, shops, toilets & Ticket Office. A mixture of cut grass and gravel paths in the grounds make them fully accessible. Unfortunately Ray Wood is not suitable for wheelchair users or those with restricted mobility due to uneven terrain
- Wheelchair users (under 225kg) are able to use the House stair lift which takes visitors to the main floor of the House and to the majority of the rooms. Electric wheelchair / scooter users will need to transfer into a manual wheelchair to use the House stair lift and there are plenty of manual wheelchairs which can be borrowed if required. Access to the High South and Chapel is restricted, information on these areas is available to view in portfolios from within the House
- There is free transport from the Courtyard Ticket Office to the House and Boathouse Café & Adventure Playground. The Kelly Car can accommodate wheelchairs and pushchairs and the driver will assist visitors getting on and off the vehicle. Please note that the Kelly Car does not operate when the House is closed
- Large print version of the entrance information can be downloaded in advance or is available from the House Entrance Ticket Office; as are Braille information sheets
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
The experience is available seven days a week from 21 March to 1 November 2020. Exclusions may apply.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow up to 6 hours for your visit.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
North Yorkshire - York
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.